Planning your estate is usually not a simple task and often requires you to make tough decisions regarding who gets what. Step one is to determine what constitutes the estate and obvious items are a house, bank account or 401k plan. What is not so obvious, and should not be overlooked,are our pets. Pets are important parts of our lives and to many pet owners, they are part of the family--it is only fair that New York laws provide a tool to ensure that a pet is cared for after someone has passed away.
Barnabas BreedDownload VCard
Mr. Breed has been a member of the New York Bar since 1971, specializing in estate and trust law, and he lectures on estate matters at seminars and radio programs and has served on Boards of Trustees for schools, businesses and community organizations.
- New York, 1971
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia - 1969
- NYC Bar Ass'n International Law Committee "International Estate Law"
- NYC Medical Society: "How to Avoid Will Disputes"
- Radio Program: Bernard Meltzer Financial Advisor: "Q & A Session"
- WOR Radio Harry Browne Financial Advisor: "Practical Estate Planning"
- St. Bartholomew's Church: "What you should know about ways to Inherit"
- Fidelity Management Co.: "Corporate Succession Planning"
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District, NY
- U.S. District Court, Southern District, NY
- NYSBA Trusts & Estates Section
- NYSBA Real Estate Law Section
- United States Tax Court
- Emeritus Director, The Legacy Mutual Funds Group, New York, NY
- Emeritus Director, The Guardian Investment Fund, Bermuda
- Director, American Investor Services, Locust Valley, New York
- Emeritus Director, Fidelity Management Co, Del
- Emeritus Director, Continental Construction Corp., Ala
- Director, American Partnership Services
- Director, First American Holdings, Inc., Oyster Bay, NY
- Trustee, The Wayne Arts Center, Wayne PA
- Trustee, St. Hugh's School, New York
- Trustee, The Brewster School, New York