Probate and Wills
If you have been named executor, administrator or personal representative of an estate, you want experienced counsel to help you settle the estate expeditiously through the probate courts with the fewest possible problems or delay.
At Breed & Associates, we have more than 30 years of experience handling hundreds of often difficult and challenging estate matters. Under the guidance of senior attorney Barnabas Breed, our professional staff coordinates all the estate, tax and accounting matters. We handle all these interrelated issues in house, under one roof.
Our Probate Practice
We offer fully integrated representation to executors, administrators or heirs of an estate, handling all legal, tax and accounting aspects. We prepare all the necessary documentation to complete the process and will act as your advocate in any proceedings in the probate court, including:
- Preparation of an accounting and inventory of the estate's assets
- Collecting and locating and valuation of the estate's assets
- Payment of final debts and taxes of the estate/decedent
- Preparation of estate or inheritance tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns
- Orderly distribution of estate assets in accordance with the terms of the will
- Transfer of title or assets to heirs
- Preparation of all estate financial reports, court accountings, and closing documents
From our offices on Lexington Avenue in the Grand Central Station area of mid-town Manhattan, New York, we provide estate and trust planning, probate administration, fiduciary accounting and tax services for international and nationwide lawyers with clients who have estate and probate issues in New York State. Contact us to arrange an initial consultation.